WRVMA Webinar: FIP - Pathogenesis & Diagnosis and Management & Prevention
Presented by: Petra Cerna, MRCVS, AFHEA, AdvCertFB
1) FIP - Pathogenesis & Diagnosis
This first lecture on FIP will focus on pathogenesis and diagnosis of feline infectious peritonitis (FIP). It will explain the difference between FIPV and FECV infections as well as transmission of FCoV in multi-cat households and risk factors for development of FIP. Second part of the lecture will discuss different forms of FIP and its associated clinical signs as well as the approach to diagnosing FIP and its challenges.
2) FIP - Management & Prevention
This second lecture on FIP will focus on management and prevention of feline infectious peritonitis (FIP). It will explain management of feline coronavirus (FCoV) infections in multi-cat households and possible ways to prevent development of FIP. Second part of the lecture will give an update on new treatment options of FIP and monitoring of patients undergoing these treatments.
- To better understand the difference between FIPV and FECV infections
- To better understand the diagnostics tests for FIP
- To learn about new treatment options for FIP
- To learn how to monitor patients on antivirals
For More Information:
Dr. Petra Cerna is a Small Animal Internal Medicine Resident at Colorado State University.